- Who: A fashion blog by Scott Schuman in New York. After he left a sales position to take care of his daughter he became invested in photography and started taking pictures of people on the street who dressed in a way that caught his eye. He then went to start his blog with the intention of creating a two-way dialogue about the world of fashion and its relationship to daily life.
- Why: The Sartorialist profiles the street style of everyday people around the world for whom clothing represents an integral element of self expression. Schuman always manages to capture both the extravagant and the daily, with a keen eye for the small details.
- Who: Danielle Bernstein is a New York-based blogger, 23, who started her site as an FIT undergrad capturing the looks of her fellow classmates. It has now transitioned into a personal style forum which has led her to a design project with Topshop.
- Why: The site features cool, clean outfit inspiration as well as useful get-the-look items to click through and buy for each.
- Who: Susanna Lau has been a mainstay blogger insiders for as long as we can remember. Lau is now one of the industry’s leading voices. She is beloved for her sharp opinion, contributing to publications including Elle UK and Business of Fashion, while still posting regularly on her site with her creative outfit posts.
- Why: For the die hard fashion lovers, Lau is the place to go when you want to know exactly how a piece of Chanel couture is made. What also sets her apart is her insightful and intelligent writing ability, creating another layer of substance to the site and overall making for an even more successful user experience.